10% OFF FOR NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBERS | FREE USA SHIPPING ORDERS OVER $75

Why You Need to Start Taking Fish Oil Right Now
You might have heard one or two things about the benefits of omega-3 rich fish oil. Do you know why it’s good for you? This blog will explain the science behind the health of fish oil capsules.

Back to Basics: What is Fish Oil?

Fish oil is simply the matter extracted from fish tissue. If you eat a lot of oily fish in your day-to-day diet (that’s fish like sardines, salmon, herring, and trout), you are probably getting a lot of fish oil goodness naturally.

However, you need to eat around 2 servings of fish every week, and if this is not possible for you, then consuming fish oil supplements can help you hit your omega-3 targets. Omega-3 constitutes around 30% of fish oil, with the remaining 70% constituting other fatty acids and vitamins A and D.

Fish-derived omega-3 is unique, in that it contains eicosapentaenoic acids (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acids (DHA), unlike plant omega-3, which is alpha-linolenic (ALA). EPA and DHA have got more benefits than ALA.

We need to go through the effort of finding enough omega-3 because our Western diets have replaced omega-3 with a lot of omega-6s. These are potential factors behind a lot of our modern diseases.

The Benefits of Fish Oil

1. Anti-inflammatory
Inflammation is how the immune system kills pathogens. However, your immune system can sometimes overreact and bring you into a state of chronic inflammation, and that can cause you to develop longer-term diseases, such as obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.

Fish oil has anti-inflammatory properties, which means it can help to reduce that inflammation and mitigate the symptoms of those illnesses.

2. Improves Mental Disorders
Statistically speaking, those with depression are more likely to have lower levels of omega-3s in their blood. There has also been evidence that fish oil can improve symptoms of depression. The brain has a high level of fat, and indeed a high level of omega-3, meaning that ingesting it is crucial for the brain’s functioning.

3. Heart Health
Heart disease is the greatest pandemic worldwide, claiming the most lives out of any disease. The risk factors behind heart disease include high cholesterol, triglycerides, and arterial plaque which can elevate blood pressure, thus putting the heart under more strain.

These factors causing heart disease are thought to be reduced by ingesting the omega-3s found in fish oil.

4. Burns Body Fat
A great proportion of the USA population is obese or overweight. Being overweight puts you at risk of getting sick with more complicated diseases, such as diabetes, cancer and heart failure. Fish oil can mitigate the risk factors present in overweight people, and also can be used to help them burn body fat and improve body composition.

One study actually found that fish oil reduces waist circumference in obese people.

Conclusion

Omega-3’s should be considered an essential mineral, and nowadays they are so easy to take. Eat one capsule with your breakfast in the morning, and you’ll see how much your health improves from there!

Leave a comment

Sale

Unavailable

Sold Out

Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/booster-message.liquid