We all want perfectly toned abs, however you should not focus on just that one group of core muscles. You can do abs and core all day everyday, but they may never show due to body fat percentage. It has to be low in order for your abs to show, however just because you can't see your abs doesn't mean you should stop working on them
A full core workout should focus on strengthening your back, abs, and obliques. When you focus on just one group you put stress on the others, which could potentially lead to injury.
Overall a weakened or uneven core will contribute to lower back pain, a poor posture, and will interfere with your fitness goals if you're always dealing with injury.
I came across a great online resource that highlights some of the best overall core exercises that will make you feel the burn in every muscle of your core. If you don't know how to perform any of the below exercises go the link and watch the video.
- Planks - An oldie but a goodie
- Reverse Crunches - easy but you'll feel the burn
- Hollow Holds - you're going to start shaking
- Dead Bug's - My old coach called these La Cucaracha's
- TRX Fallouts - Anything TRX is going to burn
- Hanging Leg Raises - Looks fun, but effective
- Body Saw's - Never tried these before, but now I think I'm actually on fire
- Pulls-up's - Great for your core when done properly
Now that you've worked hard on your core, RevLabs can help your Abs POP with their line fat burning products like RevBurn, RevBurn PM, and Enamour. Enamour is an amazing 3-in-1 that include pre-workout, BCAA, and CLA for fat burning.
Leave a comment