Your post workout meal should always contain the correct proportion of protein for proper muscle recovery. We also recommend that you eat carbohydrates to replenish the glycogen lost during workout. An easy option is to make a protein shake with RevLabs Protein powder, hydrating liquid and fruit. But on those days where you feel like switching up your recovery meal, it can be difficult to find an easy alternative that can deliver both the protein and carbs your body needs to repair your muscles and keep you energized for the next item on your agenda.
So here’s a nostalgic option to take you back to childhood: Simple Rice Crispy Recovery Treats - just like the rice crispy treats classic we all know and love, but with a decidedly more grown-up, high-protein twist. Axing the unhealthy marshmallows for healthy, high-fibre oatmeal, binded together with raw honey, butter and almond butter.
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/6 cup Raw Honey
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, No Added Sugar
- ½ a scoop of 100% RevLabs Protein Powder
- ¾ cup Rice Crispies
- ¼ cup Plain Oatmeal
- ⅛ cup Smooth Almond Butter
- 1 dash Cooking Spray, Non-Stick
- Grease your baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over low heat, then stir in the honey, almond butter, and vanilla extract.
- Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the protein powder, oats and rice cereal
- Press mixture into the baking pan and let it cool or refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Leave a comment