As you may have seen, our protein powder is back! ProRev has returned with a new and improved formula in two delicious flavors- either vanilla or chocolate. To celebrate its comeback, we’ve got two of our favorite protein recipes below so whichever flavor you choose, you can enjoy a post-workout treat or a healthy snack on the go!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Protein Balls
These are great for on the go snacks, they’re so delicious so try not to eat them all in one go!
- Makes approx 8 balls
- Less than 150 cals each!
- 4 tbsp of peanut butter
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of cocoa or cacao
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 scoops of ProRev chocolate protein powder
- A pinch of salt
- Put the peanut butter, honey, vanilla and salt into a bowl. Mix until combined
- Add the chocolate protein powder and either the cocoa or cacao into the bowl and mix.
- Use your hands to knead the mixture until it is the consistency of cookie dough.
- Shape the mixture into balls and place in the fridge to set for at least one hour.
Whole Wheat Banana & Strawberry Protein Muffins
These are great for on the go as a snack, for a dessert or enjoy a couple for a sweet breakfast treat!
- Makes approximately 12 muffins
- Less than 130 cals each!
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries cut small either diced or sliced
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup of plain Greek Yoghurt
- ¼ cup of plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups of whole wheat flour
- ½ a cup (1 ½ scoops) of ProRev vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp of flax seeds
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and spray a muffin tray big enough for 12 regular muffins with cooking spray. Ensure they spray has covered the base and the sides of where the muffins will go.
- Mash up two bananas with a fork until they’re smooth.
- Add the egg, Greek Yogurt, almond milk and vanilla extract to the banana mix. Mix it all together with a fork until smooth and combined.
- In a separate bowl, add together the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, protein powder, flax seeds, baking powder and the salt. Mix them together with a spoon until combined.
- Add the bowl of dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients. Mix enough to combine without over-mixing! If over-mixed they may go rubbery.
- Add the strawberries to the mix and stir enough to distribute them into the dough.
- Distribute the batter evenly to get 12 muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Check they are cooked by using a skewer and seeing if it comes out the centre of the muffin clean! Check the muffins after around 18 minutes of cooking as some ovens can vary.
- Let muffins cool and enjoy!
We hope these have given you some exciting ideas on what you can do with your newly formulated ProRev!