With this recipe you'll be able to have your cake and eat your protein too.
Healthy snacks don't always have to be bland. This recipe is high in protein, low in fat, low calories, and delicious. Always make sure to bake with high-quality whey-protein for best results.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
2 scoops Vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (*see note)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar + 1 teaspoon cinnamon, set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 pyrex or cake pan.
- Combine oat flour, buckwheat flour, protein powder, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk together egg, applesauce, yogurt, almond milk and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Combine sugar + cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter, swirl into the entire surface of the batter using a knife or toothpick.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.