Turmeric has recently been gaining popularity in the health and wellness community, and for good reason. It has been used for centuries for it's natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Studies are now confirming the benefits of curcumin in turmeric and it's link to Alzheimer's Disease as well as depression.
Let's explore some of the additional benefits of Turmeric:
- Natural Anti-inflammatory - The most active found in turmeric is curcumin, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory aid.
- Improved Digestion - Research has shown that turmeric can assist the gall bladders ability to produce bile, which helps your body break down foods. It also helps to prevent gas and bloating.
- Improved Metabolism - Turmeric increases your body's natural temperature, which can help to boost your metabolism. This thermogenic process improves your body's ability to burn fat.
- Natural Antibiotic - Turmeric is a natural antioxidant that helps to eradicate disease causing bacteria as well as promote your body's immune system
- Prevents the progression of Alzheimer's - Since swelling in the has been linked to many cases of Alzheimer's as we as major depression, your brain benefits from anti-inflammatory aids found in curcumin. It's also been shown to improve overall cognitive function as you age.
With all of these natural benefits coming from just one root, everyone should include turmeric as part of their supplement routine.